The TV junkie that I am I decided to dedicate this Throwback Thursday to all those shows I grew up watching. Goodness there were so many. I might get a few cool points taken away, but my favorite Friday nights were spent with Sabrina, Cory and Topanga, the Lamberts and everyone’s favorite neighbor, Steve Urkel.
Here are some of my favorites (not in any particular order):
1. Boy Meets World: I always wanted to have a relationship like Cory and Topanga’s. They made the cutest couple. How could you not love someone with the name Topanga? Don’t forget about Mr. Feeny. He was always there to offer words of wisdom.
2. Friends: My all time favorite show. You don’t believe me? Just look in my room. You’ll find all 10 seasons on DVD.
3. Full House: Oh Uncle Jesse. “Have Mercy!”
4. Clarissa Explains it All: Everything seemed so simple back then. The only annoying thing she had to deal with was her annoying younger brother, Ferguson.
6. Saved by the Bell: It didn’t matter if it was the original cast, the college years or the new class, I watched it.
T.G.I.F. wasn’t the only place you’d find my favorite shows. I loved waking up Saturday mornings to watch TNBC. NBC was the first channel to do away with their childrens programming and air live action teen sitcoms. I got caught up every weekend with Saved By the Bell: The New Class, California Dreams and Hang Time.
8. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: “Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped-turned upside down, and I liked to take a minute just sit right there and tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air.” Oh come on, you know you know all the words too!
10. Step by Step: Your modern day Brady Bunch. Instead of Alice the housekeeper there was crazy cousin Cody who lived in a van in the drive way. “No Way!”